Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cry-Positive Commissioning and Last Sunday before I leave for NOLA


Well this past week and a half has been a whirlwind full of God’s work and also some obstacles thrown in the way.  It has consisted of getting to know the girls that I will be serving with through facebook, dealing with two car accidents (not involving me), my commissioning today, sleeping, relay for life, a parade/pageant appearances, and some sleeping.  Since my last post, despite all this stuff, God has really answered some of my prayer requests regarding my upcoming travels to New Orleans and the 2 months that I will spend there. 

Before I go any further in writing, I must thank God and give him all the glory for the miracles that took place with the car accidents.  The first one involved my sister and a friend and they flipped the car, luckily both walked away with only some airbag burn.  The second wreck involving my friend Ivey and 2 of her friends and was much more severe.  However, God has shown that he is still in the miracle performing business; bringing a guy off life support and allowing Ivey to walk even with 4 broken places in her back.  He truly is amazing.  I am so thankful.

The last time I wrote, I was uncertain of a lot of the things I will face when I arrive in New Orleans.  However, God has answered this by allowing all of us girls to begin to chat on facebook and discuss things that we are questioning.  And thankfully, there is a girl that is already down there to give us even more advice.  Now the fun part begins of actually packing, one of my least favorite things to do ever.  It will get completed eventually, probably Wednesday night!

I was also dealing with a lot of temptation the last time I wrote, but I have been using the doubled edged sword and have fought it off by spending every opportunity I have to dig into God’s word and it provides me with the strength and comfort that I need.  The only thing now is that I feel like every time I get ready to do something big, a whole bunch of things (not really good) happen all at once.  For example, the week that I moved into college my sister was hospitalized with pneumonia so my parents were pretty much with her the whole time I was moving in. 

I am still struggling with worrying about having withdrawals from my Church family.  I have to give a huge and amazing thanks to everyone who played a role in my commissioning today at Church.  It was such a special and life touching service for me- nearly as special as my baptism.  I was so “cry-positive” today- especially when Mrs. Angie sang “When I Call on Jesus” especially for me.  It was so moving and she definitely topped Nicole Mullen.  While I can’t imagine being anywhere except KBC on Sunday mornings, at the same time I am really excited about getting to go to a new Church in New Orleans and experiencing that.   But my KBC family must know that I will be thinking of them often and love them so so so much!  I am just so thankful to everyone’s kind words and prayers and encouragement as I venture to New Orleans.  I can’t wait until the day that I can report back on all the ways that God uses me. 

Well I think that is about it for now- I should really get some sleep so I can get up in the morning and finish preparing- I still have a lot of stuff to do.

Please pray that I can continue with an open heart and Christ like attitude as I begin this journey of a lifetime.  Pray for comfort while I am away from my KBC family and that we can continue to stay in close contact with one another.  Be with the other girls as they also prepare for travels and that they will also have an open heart.  Pray for my own family that they can stay strong but also provide me with the support I need.  Pray for the director and staff as they begin to prepare for all of us missionaries to arrive.  Continue to pray for safe traveling and safety and good health throughout the next two months.  Pray for me to get motivate and get all my papers turned in and the other things I need to tend to in a timely manner so I won’t have a time crunch.  Most importantly pray for the people of New Orleans and that I may be able to touch someone’s life and allow them to experience salvation. 

<3 Kendall



2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about what God is going to reveal to you....and usually, like on mission trips, "YOU" end up being the one served...stay strong & courageous....luvs...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming so soon! I'm happy to see how God is preparing you for the summer. It's interesting how so many temptations tend to get in the way when God wants to do great things in our lives; I think those times are just signs of the potential He can use if we'll let Him. So excited to see what He does w/you and the rest of us down there!

    ReplyDelete