Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hop in the car, lock the doors, Elysian Fields Rd., Stoplights, Bridge, I-610, Causeway Dr, Jefferson Rd, Hospital on the Right- adventures on the night/early morning of5/30-5/31

Sooo…. Right now I am sitting in the Oschway Hospital Emergency Room at 1:20 am…. Thankfully not for me, but I really hope one of my friends (also a missionary is ok)…. Not going into details- because that would be breaking a HOSA (or whatever the acronym is) rule. Anyways- I have received a great thrill and adventure out of this trip!!! I got to drive New Orleans style- this is a huge deal to me. These roads are not like NC roads at all…. Like there are 10 times more stoplights and extremely weird left turns. I am glad to say that we made it here safely and I didn’t cause any unnecessary emotional distress that would result in more of a reason to be sitting in the ER room. I was saying earlier I shouldn’t have drank caffeinated coffee at 10 pm but now it came in handy- God is good…. I feel like I could go for hours- problem is- the girls will be arriving in approximately 7 hours!!!

Ok so although I am on an adrenaline rush from this adventure to the hospital (ps we still have to make it back)…. I have had a pretty lazy and relaxing weekend. Saturday all of us girls slept, ate lunch- and I can’t remember what else at the moment. I know that Julie and Nealy cooked dinner for us- barbeque turned chicken haha (insider)… and rotel and cheese dip…. Can I get a mmmmm!!! Then Stephanie took us to Magazine street- I must say I will own a pair of heels from that street before I leave here…. Anyways- we went to this place called Sugre- which is the only one in the world (I think- right until proven wrong is my opinion)…. And the owner is a guy from the food network- (I guess you can google it if you interested)… the only thing I was interested in was the gelato and sorbet (yummy) and the amazing display of chocolates and decorated cakes…. So that was my Saturday and it was good!!!

Sunday- began at approximately 6:15 am- getting ready for Church- an awesome Church- Franklin Avenue Baptist Church- AMEN!!! We went to the 7:30 service so we knew we would be out within an hour and a half to two hours…. This church was huge and beautiful. I have never been to anything like it. While it was predominantly black, we all fit right in. Everyone was so welcoming and passionate about worshipping Christ. This church was practically destroyed during Katrina and pretty much everything was a loss. However they have been resilient and are now worshipping fully again! The choir and pastor were so enthusiastic and could definitely lift any spirit. The older women dressed beautifully with matching hats were so pretty. I loved watching them. You could definitely see the Spirit moving in them- hips and all!!!! The funniest and most entertaining thing to me- did not involve the pastor, choir, welcoming group, or fashionistas- but rather- the sole reserved seat for the nurse on the front row…. That had me cracking up. Unfortunately, I believe I left my favorite pink bible in the pew in the Church- I have been a little sad about it bec. It had all my verses that I like highlighted in it. A dear friend that goes by the name of Maggie though- made me not sad because she told me now- I can find even more verses I didn’t really notice before- good point…. Now I have an orange bible, and although it isn’t pink, I believe God is color blind maybe??? So color doesn’t matter, and by the way, Orange was one of Raven’s favorite color- so now I will think about her when I see it. So now I have a new bible!!!

When we got back from church I slept for like 4 hours and then got up- ate a little, watching some “Drop Dead Diva” and then went back to sleep for about an hour. Then I woke up, watched more “Drop Dead Diva” and then ate pizza- mmmm…. Yummy! Then we were all just chilling and hanging out- we ran to Wal-mart, came back then went to a coffee shop and then were hanging out again…. Now I am chilling at the hospital and praying Stephanie is okay…..

So I hope tomorrow I will have an exciting update on how the first day of Up2Hope goes. I am super excited to meet all the girls and show them what a NC girls is like!!! I know it is going to be amazing. And I can’t wait to see how God uses me, and the other girls I am serving with to fulfill the purpose he has given to each of us.

Please pray that we are able to fix any problems that may incur tomorrow and that things will run as smoothly as possible. Pray for my friend Stephanie that everything will check out okay here at the hospital. And pray for the rest of the staff as we begin this 8 week long camp.
<3 Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment